Job Immediate Start: Yes
Employment Type: Part-Time
Job Location: 1200 E Houston Street, Garrett, IN 46738
Work Hours: Morning & Afternoon Shifts
JAM Early Education is a Reggio Inspired day school with an emergent curriculum. We plan our curriculum according to child development and principles of development. Our classrooms foster an environment that allows children to learn through exploring the world around them. By exploring, they are given the means to construct their own knowledge and become independent thinkers. For each child we serve, from the youngest infant at 6 weeks old to our preschooler ready to transition to kindergarten, they are being planned for based on their individual interests, needs, and learning goals. We discover this insight of the child by completing observations. We focus on providing children with principle based learning experiences that ignite their curiosity and desire to learn.
Our operating hours are 6:00am - 5:30pm because we believe in providing quality early education for the working family. Our staff hours vary within those times. We value the dedication to our teachers furthering their education, so we support and accommodate school schedules. We also offer a scholarship to eligible candidates for the TEACH scholarship.
Our organization strives to maintain a collaborative and supportive environment not only in the classrooms, but the entire facility. When we refer to our "JAM family" we mean it.
We provide on site training for all of our staff. The classroom portion of training includes a 2 week training and shadowing period with the lead teacher of the classroom. It includes observing and hands-on experience. In addition to the training with the lead teacher, new teachers will meet with the Pedagogista to reflect in principle. The meetings with the Pedagogista are ongoing to support professional development. At JAM Early Education, we believe that learning is lifelong and just as our students, our teachers are all in different places in their journey. We meet everyone where they are!
Why our teachers love working at JAM:
" I love the relationships I have built with students, parents, and coworkers! I also love getting to see students do something for the first time or show excitement over new work."
"JAMEE has impacted my life in many ways. Because of JAMEE and the supportive staff I know teaching is my life calling and passion."
"The relationships with coworkers and families has exceeded my expectations at JAMEE along with the friendliness and helpfulness of everyone at JAM. When I first started, I thought it would be like a daycare and I was just an assistant, I was wrong in all the best ways possible!"
"There is no 'one size fits all'; learning is individualized for both children and teachers"
Join our amazing team of passionate educators who are doing incredible things for children!
Check out why our teachers love working at the JAM Center: https://youtu.be/5yH6tMs7-9Y
- 401K + Employer match
- Free JAM Membership - includes free fitness and aquatics classes, access to pool, spa, and fitness center, and discounted rates on rentals and programs
- Health Insurance for Full-Time Employees
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays for employees working over 20 hours per week
- Tuition support for those seeking a CDA, Associates, or Bachelor's degree in early education
- Warm, collaborative, professional, and inspiring work culture
- Competitive Wages
- Rewarding Career
- Professional Growth Opportunities
- No Weekends
- Ability to adapt quickly to different classroom settings, age groups, and classroom dynamics
- Provide support for regular classroom teachers during breaks and absences to maintain a consistent and supportive learning environment
- Collaborate with teachers to provide additional support during lessons and activities
- Create a learning environment that fosters discovery, imagination, and child development
- Build, maintain, and nurture relationships with children and families
- Observe children for their individual needs and plan developmentally appropriate educational opportunities
- Plan and implement activities that meet the intellectual, emotional, and social needs of students in alignment with principles and child development
- Listen for children's questions and provide opportunities for them to build their own knowledge
- Ensure that the facility and all equipment is clean, well-maintained, and safe
- Document children's learning through Indiana Early Learning Standards Foundation assessments and maintain portfolios
- Work in accordance with Indiana State licensing rules, Voluntarily Certification Program guidelines, and Paths to Quality guidelines
- Attend and participate in ongoing professional development opportunities
Both Part-Time and Full-Time positions are available; for Part-Time Teachers, morning and afternoon shifts are available.
Scheduling is flexible for Part-Time students and those with outside obligations!
- Experience with children preferred
- High School Diploma required
- Must be 18 to apply
- Reliable with strong attention to detail
- Curious spirit with desire for lifelong learning opportunities
- Able to create a learning environment that meets the unique needs of children
- Availability to work Monday-Friday (JAM Early Education is open 6:00 am - 5:30 pm; hours will vary within that time frame)
- Early Education Experience
- Classroom Experience
- Associate, Bachelors, or CDA Early Education higher preferred but not necessary